The Lord is my Refuge and My Fortress

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:1-2).

This sounds amazing, I know when I am feeling anxious, guilty, or angry this sounds like a great place to be, but how do I get there? My devotional this morning prompted us to ask God to reveal how we can seek His shelter. Last night, our Prayer Circle leader told us that we should find scripture that overlays the lies that we believe. The Lord revealed to me this morning that this is how I am going to find shelter in Him.

I need to search the scriptures to find God's words that diffuse my anger, keep my thoughts captive, resist the enemy's lies, and give me peace. I am going to spend some time looking through scripture and memorize the scripture.

I have been working on compiling scripture for my panic attacks, and one that has been working for me is "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. I am imagining that these scriptures that I memorize will serve as my walls and roof against the enemy when he tries to attack. These walls are made by Jesus, so good luck getting through, Satan!

What are some scriptures that you use to demolish your strongholds and keep Satan outside of your shelter? Please share!

Comments

  1. When I was just about your age I looked up verses for my anger just like you are now. It's really amazing how God could take those verses and change me, hopefully. God's word is so powerful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts