Day 1

I was up out of bed before the official sunrise time on the iPhone weather app (6:47 am)! Granted, I am used to 2 alarms and pressing snooze at least 5 times each, so when the only alarm I set went off at 6:15 am, I had no clue it happened! It was 6:43 am when I came to and I hopped out of bed so fast! I was scrambling to find shoes that I had thrown in my closet to make my room look nice yesterday and all I could find were 3 left shoes! I was just going to wear mismatched shoes, but I couldn't even do that! I decided to slow down and was able to find some shoes to wear and walked out of my front door. I luckily live in a place where the actual sunrise time is hidden by some "mountains" (my sister and boyfriend would call them hills) so I got to see the sun rise over the mountains and the ocean this morning. Beautiful site thank you Jesus! (See the picture at the end of this paragraph). God also sent us (Jeksa and me) a whale that literally jumped out of the water and breached. That was an awesome sight that I never thought I would see again, so thank you Jesus! God showed up this morning (to no surprise) and He spoke to me a lot, but I would like to share one glimpse of what he shared with me this morning. I got a solid hour of Jesus time and it was incredible!



I was worried about starting this blog and I was feeling super vulnerable and worried that I was going to publicly fail this challenge. So as I was reading Streams in the Desert, God reminded me of scripture that I absolutely love! He told me to not borrow trouble (my mom always tells me that - thanks Mom!) Matthew 6:34 says "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." These words are in red so that was Jesus (thus God) saying these words. I have learned that God gives us grace for the moment.

God has a plan for each of us and we are so caught up in knowing what that plan is, the big picture, exactly how it's going to happen, the end result, and all the details in between. That's not how God works (at least in my life or in the studies I have done). He wants us to trust Him and we need to do just that. We need to move forward with what we think God is telling us to do, even if we don't know what's next. God will reveal it and if we make a mistake, the almighty, powerful God of the universe who rose Jesus from the dead can and will correct our course. This reminds me of the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where he steps out onto that invisible bridge over a very deep and very dark crevice. Indiana only saw the entire bridge when he put all of his weight over the bridge. Then that seemingly impossible obstacle to him became much more clear and simple. What comes next is another obstacle that he may or may not figure out, watch the movie (it's a good one). I think this is the kind of faith that God wants us to have in Him. He tells us not to worry about the next thing, just focus on the task at hand, He will take care of the rest. So go, step out in faith, just take care of this task, God will let you know what's next. He always keeps His promises, He always comes through. He loves us, that's why. Is there something that you need to trust God in and just lean in and go for it?




Comments

Popular Posts