The Heavens Proclaim the Glory of God

I know it is really late, but I got up at sunrise and did my devotion this morning so I am still on track with my 30 days. I got the opportunity to go to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) today and it really got me thinking of God's creativity.

(This is an image from NASA that the Hubble Space Telescope took, so beautiful! Image URL: https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/hubble_friday_10082015.jpg )

Genesis 1:1,3 says "“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.”  God also called the light good after that in verse 4. God created the stars for us. He arranged them in a beautiful way just how He thought it was good so that we could enjoy them and learn about the universe that He placed us in. (The stars also serve many functions, God is an engineer 😄). God gave us all unique talents and varying levels of interest in topics so we could learn about the world around us. The exploration going on at JPL is phenomenal and it is making our access to information about our solar system and beyond so much more accessible! With the click of a button, I can see the beauty of the sky from the comfort of my own living room. The Lord wants us to be thankful for His creation and He gave people talents to make it accessible to everyone. 

King David says it nicely in Psalm 19:1. “The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.”  The next time you look up at the night sky in awe at its beauty or when you see a beautiful sight of God's creation, don't forget to thank God for His craftsmanship. Give Him the glory, not the science. The science is an avenue that God created for us to learn more and experience His beautiful creation.  

I am a huge proponent of NASA and JPL and the progress they make in a multitude of areas, not just space exploration. I just need to remember that God gave those scientists their abilities and to thank Him for the progress they make. What about God's creation makes you stop and look in awe? Which topic(s) interests you that you feel is a God-given passion to learn more about His creation?

Comments

  1. When I look at the sky & see the stars I'm always reminded of just how Big our God is. He created each & everyone of those stars & set them in their place & keeps them right where they need to be. Our earth is just the perfect distance from the sun. We were created by an amazing God. I need to remember that if He can keep the universe then He can surely handle my issues. I just need to ask Him & trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I like how you bring it back to how big God is and that it reminds you that He can handle anything.

      Delete
  2. I can be bad to stop to notice all the beauty around me and often take it for graanted.this post is a great reminder to me to stop and pay attention to all the beauty God shows me everyday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts