Proclaim From the Roofs (of your social media)

"He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God." Joshua 4:24

Joshua is a man of such faith. His story empowers me and makes me want to be so trusting of God. Do you have someone (or multiple people) in the Bible that inspires and encourages you? If so, please share so we can all read about them.

Today, I am going to ask that you participate in the post. If you are reading this, get your social media ready because we need to spread the word that God does make miracles happen today. They are not a thing of the Old Testament or of Jesus' time, they happen today, they might just look different.

The verse I referenced above is when God parted the Jordan for the Israelites (this was after the parting of the Red Sea with Moses). God told Joshua to have 12 people each pick up a stone from the middle of the Jordan to place on land as a remembrance that God came through and that people will respect the Lord in awe of Him. How many times in our lives does the Lord come through for us or do something miraculous and it goes either unnoticed, forgotten, or sealed away in your own memory?

We need to shout on the rooftops of God's faithfulness to us humans and give Him the glory for our modern day miracles! (see Matthew 10:27). For me, I wasn't able to start listing things off the top of my head. I had to pray and ask God to reveal some things that He has done where His faithfulness was shown. I am sure I have many others, but the things God had me write down are these:

  • I was caught in some very large ocean waves and was about to give up trying to find the surface and take a breath, then God ended the set and allowed me to get to safety
  • I asked God to help take my mind off of a panic attack that was on its way and He had Troy, my boyfriend, strike up a conversation for the rest of the ride home even though both of us were very tired and not talkative.
  • I asked God to heal my tooth or at least keep it from blowing up until I got home for Christmas and my tooth is still hanging on!
God is faithful to us and sometimes we forget and don't share what He does. I encourage you to please start something on your facebook newsfeed, your pinterest posts, your instagram hashtags, an email thread with some friends, comments on this blog post. Shout on the rooftops of social media how God has been faithful in your life. Where has He come through for you? Are there modern day miracles that have happened in your life? Write them on your social media, share it with the world! Let's start a positive feed from all of or friends and family that gives God the glory for His good works! 

Please comment on here and let us know if you posted so we can see the power of the Lord in your life and others.

Comments

  1. When I was a teenager, my family drove to Acapulco. I went to the beach with a friend I'd met & we got into the ocean. The waves were pretty big but not too bad. When the water began to draw us out & the waves got rougher we were both fighting to get back to the shore. My friend looked as if she wasn't going to make it & I was really struggling. All of a sudden a young man swims out to her & rescues her. Then he came & helped me. When we got back I asked him what his name was & he told me it was Jesus, pronounced it Hey sus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts