Enjoy the Goodwill of All the People

“They worshipped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity — all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:46-47)

It is so important to be in community with other believers. I joined a women's prayer group and it has been so amazing! I look so forward to it every week! I went to a friend's on the spur of the moment tonight and we had such a good time laughing together and catching up. I get to see my boyfriend several times in the week and we enjoy each other's company and talk about really awesome things! God wants us to enjoy one another. When we surround ourselves with other believers it encourages us to be a light to others. 

A lot of times I will be so thankful for my alone time because I had a busy work day and I just want to relax and be at home. It is so easy to fall into this pattern and disappear from my friends for weeks on end. It is easier this way, but the interactions with other people is what we were made for! 

“Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.””
(Genesis 2:18). 

Alone time is good. Jesus encouraged that through His example. He also encouraged fellowship and community by His example. So we need to have a balance of getting out there and spending time with other believers while also saving alone time for ourselves and with God. 

Comments

Popular Posts