About this blog

(The picture above was taken at Crescent Bay Point Park in Laguna Beach. It was one of many sunrises I got to see during my original 30 day challenge)

This blog came about in a challenge to myself to wake up earlier so I could
spend time with God. The experience exceeded my expectations. Although I was extremely tired the first week or so, I craved more time with Him. Having the blog held me accountable, but it also challenged me to do my homework. I wanted to study and understand what God was saying in my devotions to Him. I researched, I prayed, I read, and I prayed more... then He gave me the words. I look back and think, "did I write that?" God worked in my life through this blog and I want to continue because not only was it a blessing to me but I heard from people in my life that it was a blessing to them. I thought about changing the name since the name implies a 30 day challenge to see the sunrise, which it was originally. Now God has given me a bigger picture.

The Bible tells us that pain is in the night, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5). From personal experience, there is no magical pillow that steals the pain during the night so you wake up full of joy. I questioned that verse, but the more I have learned through the process of grief is that the night may last awhile, but one day I will allow God to work through me and I will find joy again and that is when I will see another sunrise. This blog is personal. My personal experiences that have led me to a greater understanding of the Bible and of the character of God. It began as a challenge, but I am determined to see the sunrise again and the only way to do that is to look to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

My name is Jill, I am the author of this blog. I grew up in a large family (youngest of 5) in Birmingham, Alabama. I graduated from the University of Alabama, ROLL TIDE, then headed west to California to become an event planner. Although fun and interesting, I redirected my career path to become a middle school science teacher. After getting my Masters in Teaching at the University of California, Irvine I took a teaching job in Orange County.

In May of 2017 I experienced two sudden losses of major people in my life. My boyfriend, Harrison, who I absolutely adored and my pastor, Gene, who was my mentor and my cheerleader. The death of my boyfriend took quite a toll on me and stole the inner joy I just seemed to possess. God worked his "magic" and I was able to take a sabbatical from teaching so I could rediscover that joy and spend much needed time with family.

Three years later, I've moved around from California, to Alabama to Charleston, South Carolina and back to California. I met my future husband during this time of transience and we have both found a home in California for the time being. Each of us having been through a tragedy of different measures, we can truly appreciate the time and the love we have for another. I hope to spend more time building this blog as it has been such a blessing to me before, I can only expect the same or far greater from our God.

Thank you for tuning in!

Comments

Popular Posts